The beer itself is a Brown ale, I guess – the recipe was just a whole mess of two row and a couple partial bags of specialty malt that we didn’t want to inventory at the end of the month (a little chocolate malt, a little crystal malt, some brown malt). Now that it’s in the tank and fermenting on our house ale yeast, we’ll introduce a special alcohol tolerant yeast, and feed it a variety of sugars (we got some really nice local wildflower honey, and I’m sourcing some muscavado sugar). It should be a fun project, and as it gets stronger and stronger we’ll really have to babysit the yeast. Honestly it’s a pretty heavy nerd project, but it should be awesome. And when it’s all done and our yeast drunkenly flips us off while it falls asleep for good, we are going to stick it in a combination of High West Rye and Four Roses Bourbon barrels.