As with all Gueuzes, Hanssens is a mixture of several vintages to produce a lambic which is refreshingly fruity.
This is the result of blending different lambics of different ages...
About the brewery
In 1896 buys Bartholome Hanssens, mayor of Dworp, an old dairy farm and rebuilds them into brewery that the name “St. Anthony” was given. Unlike other brewers brew Dworp he no lambic, but a brown table beer. The necessary water to brew came from a stream, just behind the brewery. Besides that brook was a masonry Steenput, which served as a filter. This putsel was thought lost, but the chickens laid in the spring of 2000 exposed. As in so many breweries was during WWI all the brassware by the Germans seized. After the war decided Bartholome Lambic no longer to brew, but confine themselves to cutting purchased wort. The brewery was geuzestekerij, a time in which common type of company that has since virtually disappeared, at the Cam (Gooik) after.
From 1929 Theo Hanssens take over the company. He breaks the remains of the brewery and is the space in 1931 into a house. He designed the bottle drying racks, which are still in use: the bottle after manual cleaning (in a week cockpit and a brush machine) upside down on the shelf, not only to let it drain, but also to avoid any possible bugs the bottles were nesting. Besides gueuze plug is Theo Hanssens also depositor Wielemans. The Forst beer and beer were a table in oak barrels of 100 liters and supplied by Hanssens filled to 33 cl and 1 liter bottles with swing stopper. Later yielded Wielemans the Wiel’s-pils bottle.