The roots of our brewery date back to May 1892. It was a time when every brewer brewed his own special beer. It was no different in Bellegem, a rural village in West Flanders within a stone’s throw of the French border. In that same year, the first barrels of “Ouden Tripel”, what is today called “Bellegems Bruin”, rolled across the cobblestones and were renowned as far as French Flanders.
The fact that the brewery has been continuously in family hands from its early start to the present has become a rarity.